Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Ford Excursion insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Ford and obtain the lowest price.
It's smart to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Ford Excursion insurance in Los Angeles a few years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, use these tips to save money without having to cut coverage. We hope to tell you how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. Smart buyers just have to use the tricks to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Ford Excursion insurance in Los Angeles utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if you require a SR-22, the year, make and model of vehicles, if it has an alarm system, and if you went to college. The data is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Ford Excursion insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Excursion insurance in Los Angeles
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Distant Student - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, good student, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and driver training.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view insurers offering insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Los Angeles Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
When buying insurance it's important to understand the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Optional features that lower premiums - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing - Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Combine policies to earn discounts - Most major companies provide a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Save by driving less - The more you drive your Ford each year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Excursion is throwing money out the window. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
Can't I compare prices from local Los Angeles insurance agencies?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Los Angeles.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When finding a good Los Angeles insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Los Angeles that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 - Los Angeles, CA 90024 - (310) 208-3548 - View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 280-0946 - View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (323) 934-8160 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
- Sean Cheng State Farm Insurance Agency
767 N Hill St,109 - Los Angeles, CA 90012 - (213) 621-2526 - View Map
- Bob Little - State Farm Insurance Agent
11654 W Pico Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 478-2001 - View Map
- Karla Greene - State Farm Insurance Agent
611 Wilshire Blvd #911 - Los Angeles, CA 90017 - (213) 239-9675 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my Ford Excursion need full coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Ford Excursion insurance rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
More affordable car insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)