Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Los Angeles? Purchasing discount Los Angeles Ford F-150 insurance quotes on the internet can be problematic for people new to shopping for insurance online. Since there are so many online companies available, how can you even start to compare every company to locate better rates?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers in California have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons as often as possible since insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Ford F-150 insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
How to get Los Angeles Ford F-150 insurance price quotes
To get the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from many car insurance companies in California. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of Ford F-150 rates
The table displayed below showcases estimates of insurance prices for Ford F-150 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Ford F-150 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your F-150, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Los Angeles is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Take these six policy discounts and save on Ford F-150 insurance in Los Angeles
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Los Angeles. To find insurers with significant discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is glass protection for?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Los Angeles car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How long has their agency been in business in Los Angeles?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford F-150.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for EMT expenses, nursing services, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, hitting a deer, fire damage, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your F-150 to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
More effort can pay off
We just covered a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Ford F-150 insurance in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)