Do you want to learn to get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Los Angeles? Comparing and finding cheaper rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Los Angeles is always frustrating for drivers who are beginners to quoting coverage prices online. You have so many options available that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find a more affordable company.
It's astonishing, but over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. California drivers could cut their rates by almost 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
How to buy Los Angeles Ford Five Hundred insurance online
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get price estimates online. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Los Angeles is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
Getting online rate quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Los Angeles makes comparing rates easy, and it's absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Los Angeles with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Five Hundred can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get Los Angeles auto insurance on your computer.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Just know that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Five Hundred insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Five Hundred, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent's help.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What are good deductibles for a Ford Five Hundred?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Can't I compare prices from local Los Angeles car insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Los Angeles.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Los Angeles auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Featured below are independent agencies in Los Angeles that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 857-5757 - View Map
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 - Los Angeles, CA 90035 - (310) 402-0020 - View Map
- STARC INSURANCE AGENCY,INC
5250 W Century Blvd #426 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (888) 400-4004 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Julie Montenegro - State Farm Insurance Agent
5683 York Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90042 - (323) 892-2880 - View Map
- Paul Major - State Farm Insurance Agent
12030 Washington Blvd Ste A - Los Angeles, CA 90066 - (310) 482-3990 - View Map
- Charles Garrett Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
4929 Wilshire Blvd #745 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (323) 692-0090 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Los Angeles will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does their agency support local causes in Los Angeles?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Parts of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, medical services, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, theft and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as nursing services, funeral costs, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Five Hundred resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Five Hundred in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Five Hundred.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.