Are you tired of trying to find more affordable Honda Clarity insurance in Los Angeles? Searching for better insurance prices for a Honda Clarity in California could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Honda and obtain the cheapest rates.
Low cost Los Angeles Honda Clarity insurance rate quotes online
Lowering your Honda Clarity auto insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. All that’s required is to take a few minutes to get quotes from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can slash Honda Clarity insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Allstate offers discounts including teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, good student, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, and senior citizen.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, business or organization, anti-theft, easy pay, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, buying auto insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Clarity outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Honda Clarity?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Los Angeles.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Los Angeles who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
- Solid Health Insurance Agency
11639 Chenault St – Los Angeles, CA 90049 – (310) 909-6135 – View Map
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 – Los Angeles, CA 90068 – (323) 876-1980 – View Map
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 857-5757 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
The following are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Allyson Weber – State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 258-5801 – View Map
- Sean Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 – Los Angeles, CA 90006 – (213) 480-3377 – View Map
- Charles Garrett Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4929 Wilshire Blvd #745 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 692-0090 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?