How long has it been since the last time you looked for cheaper car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Honda Odyssey insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for your Honda and get the lowest price.
Consumers need to quote other rates at least once a year because car insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Honda Odyssey insurance in Los Angeles two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this post is to teach you how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. Drivers only need to know the best way to shop for auto insurance online.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Odyssey insurance in Los Angeles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Los Angeles. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Honda Odyssey insurance quotes in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Insurance statistics for a Honda Odyssey
The coverage table displayed next covers a range of prices for Honda Odyssey models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are determined can help customers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Los Angeles car insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Los Angeles.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Los Angeles who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles who may provide pricing information.
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- Solid Health Insurance Agency
11639 Chenault St – Los Angeles, CA 90049 – (310) 909-6135 – View Map
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 857-5757 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
- Rodney Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
7154 Melrose Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 931-1466 – View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler – State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St – Los Angeles, CA 90038 – (323) 462-1096 – View Map
- Hillary Heyl – State Farm Insurance Agent
1990 Westwood Blvd #100 – Los Angeles, CA 90025 – (310) 234-9600 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions and the cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance in Los Angeles quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Components of Your Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Policy add-ons add up – Policies have additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Even one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have received serious tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Honda Odyssey car insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Safety first – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most insurance companies will give discounts to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Premiums also based on gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but males have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Honda Odyssey by repairing your credit.
Insurance loss probability for a Honda Odyssey – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Odyssey in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, delays in paying claims and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
When searching for affordable Honda Odyssey insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Los Angeles is available both online as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Los Angeles Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)