Do you want to learn to get cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Los Angeles? There isn’t anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Los Angeles drivers could save as much as 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare company pricing for Audi A5 insurance in Los Angeles.
Affordable companies for Audi A5 insurance in California
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The price information displayed below outlines different rate quotes for Audi A5 models. Knowing how rates are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$630||$376||$22||$112||$1,488||$124|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$630||$376||$22||$112||$1,488||$124|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$712||$376||$22||$112||$1,570||$131|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$712||$376||$22||$112||$1,570||$131|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$712||$376||$22||$112||$1,570||$131|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,660||$138|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,660||$138|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$384||$712||$376||$22||$112||$1,606||$134|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$384||$794||$376||$22||$112||$1,688||$141|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims increase Audi A5 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Audi A5 liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Audi A5 insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A5 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Save money with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Los Angeles car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Audi A5 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, membership and employees, air bags, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including auto/life discount, passive restraint, new car, defensive driver, FullPay discount, premier plus, and eSmart discount.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and renewal discount.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
When getting free Los Angeles car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available everywhere.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Los Angeles auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Los Angeles should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Los Angeles can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below are Los Angeles independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
You can find affordable coverage
When you buy Los Angeles car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Audi A5 insurance in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Los Angeles car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)