Looking for more competitive insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Chevy Volt insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and find the best price possible from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save an average of approximately $500 each year, but they don't invest the time required to compare rates.
It's smart to price shop coverage every six months due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Just because you had the best rate on Chevy Volt insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Volt insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Los Angeles.
Most companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get pricing from their websites. Getting online rates for Chevy Volt insurance in Los Angeles is very simple as you just type in your coverage preferences on the page. When complete, the quote system will order reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Chevy Volt insurance in Los Angeles makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the cheapest price.
To find out if lower rates are available, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Los Angeles, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Volt, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California is overpaying more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Los Angeles Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Deter theft and pay less - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop car theft.
- Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - Car insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Liability protection limits are a factor - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs - Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- How your age affects rates - Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are known to be less responsible when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Volt - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Volt Vehicles Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Volt Electric 89 83 81 71 73 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Volt insurance in Los Angeles
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Memberships - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Los Angeles is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Don't be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, daytime running lights, good student, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-car, annual mileage, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, alternative fuel, teen driver, mature driver, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, paid in full, paperless, air bags, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, multi-car, newly married, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts for annual mileage, defensive driver, military installation, family discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and vehicle storage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local Los Angeles auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Los Angeles who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
When researching a good Los Angeles insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Los Angeles who may provide you with price quotes.
- Oleg Avanesov - State Farm Insurance Agent
12245 California Route 2 - Los Angeles, CA 90025 - (310) 826-8700 - View Map
- Michael Chien - State Farm Insurance Agent
318 1/2 S La Brea Ave #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90036 - (323) 932-2557 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmina San Jose
628 N Vermont Ave Ste 12 - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (213) 383-5120 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Los Angeles independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Susman Insurance Agency
11611 San Vicente Blvd #515 - Los Angeles, CA 90049 - (310) 820-5200 - View Map
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 857-5757 - View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (323) 934-8160 - View Map
If you feel you receive good answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, policy non-renewal and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased from both online companies and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)