Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost Nissan 350Z insurance in Los Angeles? Purchasing affordable Los Angeles Nissan 350Z insurance quotes on the web may seem to be rather challenging for consumers new to buying their car insurance on the web. With such a big selection of agents and companies in the marketplace, how are we expected to even start to compare every company in order to find better rates?
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Los Angeles insurance shoppers could save approximately 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare quotes from many auto insurance companies in California. The fastest way to compare Nissan 350Z insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your 350Z, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Nissan 350Z and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
These five discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. But any discount will lower your policy premium.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, driver training, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for annual mileage, accident-free, age of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for group or association, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, student away at school, teen driver, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including good student, newly married, multi-policy, newly retired, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, military installation, driver training, multi-policy, new vehicle, and defensive driver.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Los Angeles.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Los Angeles auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Los Angeles agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Pogos Ichmelyan
750 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 257-1107 - View Map
- Lisa Brown - State Farm Insurance Agent
1247 S La Brea Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90019 - (323) 954-9763 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Avo Donoyan
1727 N Vermont Ave Ste 207 - Los Angeles, CA 90027 - (323) 663-8541 - View Map
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you price quote information.
- Crown Reinas Insurance Agency
5331 N Figueroa St - Los Angeles, CA 90042 - (323) 550-1444 - View Map
- STARC INSURANCE AGENCY,INC
5250 W Century Blvd #426 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (888) 400-4004 - View Map
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90068 - (323) 876-1980 - View Map
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverages - This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, medical expenses, attorney fees and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision - This covers damage to your 350Z resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your 350Z to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, dental work, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan 350Z.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Be persistent to save money
You just read a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Nissan 350Z insurance in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, poor customer service and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be found at the links below
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)