Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Volvo S60 insurance in Los Angeles? Getting the lowest cost Los Angeles Volvo S60 insurance quotes on the internet may seem to be rather challenging for people who are beginners to quoting and online price comparisons. With a ridiculous number of online companies available, how can people be able to compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,390, California drivers could cut their rates by up to $500 a year, but they won't spend time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Low Cost companies for Volvo S60 insurance in California
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Cheap Los Angeles auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- E-sign - Many auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, multi-car, bundle discounts, good student, pay in full, switch companies, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-theft, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including paid in full, good student, safe driver, group or association, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, family discount, military installation, vehicle storage, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate insurers who offer free Volvo S60 insurance quotes in Los Angeles, click here.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Los Angeles car insurance agents
If you are searching for a good Los Angeles insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Los Angeles are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Los Angeles that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 - Los Angeles, CA 90018 - (310) 215-9991 - View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (800) 966-6830 - View Map
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 - Los Angeles, CA 90024 - (310) 208-3548 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Carmina San Jose
628 N Vermont Ave Ste 12 - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (213) 383-5120 - View Map
- Yvonne Solis - State Farm Insurance Agent
1375 Sunset Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90026 - (213) 202-2800 - View Map
- Allyson Weber - State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 258-5801 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your S60 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your S60 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and theft. The most you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in California), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Quote more and you will save more
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Los Angeles is available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Los Angeles car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)