Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Chrysler Sebring insurance in Los Angeles? Feeling guilty for buying an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and there are many people just like you.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare rates once a year are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that people who compared rates annually saved $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Los Angeles is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to shop and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money. Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Los Angeles.
Consumers should take time to compare prices before your next renewal because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Los Angeles a few years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
How to shop Chrysler Sebring insurance online
Getting a cheap price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to take the time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The data table below highlights different policy rates for Chrysler Sebring models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are determined can be valuable when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,578||$132|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chrysler Sebring insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Sebring annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chrysler Sebring full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below compares Chrysler Sebring insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler Sebring settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sebring has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Chrysler Sebring but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Five factors that influence insurance premiums
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The items below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Traffic violations can increase rates – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Chrysler Sebring insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chrysler Sebring rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your Sebring is just wasting money. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is showing annual mileage.
- An active claims history can increase rates – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Policies have additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Discount Los Angeles insurance quotes
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before they will apply.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Los Angeles auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Los Angeles can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To locate insurers who offer free Chrysler Sebring insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
In the end, you can save money
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Chrysler Sebring insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be found at these links:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)