Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Jeep Liberty insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Jeep and locate the best price possible either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
Cheaper Jeep Liberty insurance rates in Los Angeles
Some providers don't always list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Los Angeles auto insurance on the internet.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Liberty insurance in Los Angeles.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below compares Jeep Liberty insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, early quote, multi-policy, and new car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, newly married, multi-car, preferred payment discount, good student, safety features, and newly retired.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Los Angeles. To locate insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click this link.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Jeep Liberty insurance in Los Angeles is to realize auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as your education level, your job, deductibles desired, and whether you have decent credit. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To find lower cheap Jeep Liberty insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The table below covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Jeep Liberty models. Learning more about how insurance quotes are formulated is important for you to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify premiums significantly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Jeep Liberty premium costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance cost for men versus women
The example below compares Jeep Liberty car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Liberty book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How high should deductibles be on a Jeep Liberty?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Los Angeles insurance agency
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Los Angeles who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Los Angeles?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Two types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find local Los Angeles agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Los Angeles may be either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Oleg Avanesov - State Farm Insurance Agent
12245 California Route 2 - Los Angeles, CA 90025 - (310) 826-8700 - View Map
- Glenda Greene - State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90008 - (323) 293-9990 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmina San Jose
628 N Vermont Ave Ste 12 - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (213) 383-5120 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
- Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 234-8600 - View Map
- Crown Reinas Insurance Agency
5331 N Figueroa St - Los Angeles, CA 90042 - (323) 550-1444 - View Map
- Solid Health Insurance Agency
11639 Chenault St - Los Angeles, CA 90049 - (310) 909-6135 - View Map
Car insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Jeep and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Liberty from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Liberty to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as pain medications, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, hitting a deer, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, legal defense fees, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Liberty.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
How much can you save?
Cheap Jeep Liberty insurance in Los Angeles is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don't offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)