Buying lower-cost Los Angeles Kia Stinger insurance quotes is somewhat intimidating for drivers new to price shopping on the internet. Because there are so many online companies, how are we expected to have a chance to compare all the different companies and get the lowest rates?
Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved over $3,400 over four years compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
It is always a good idea to compare rates periodically because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best price on Kia Stinger insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Kia vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Stinger insurance, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Stinger has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Kia Stinger. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Los Angeles attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Stinger insurance.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, theft prevention, driver training, good student, and early bird.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, paid-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and renters.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Los Angeles.
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Los Angeles.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Los Angeles who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
When finding a local Los Angeles insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Fuller Insurance
621 S Westmoreland Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90005 – (213) 384-2062 – View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 280-0946 – View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Los Angeles willing to provide price quote information.
- Odette Manalastas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4448 Eagle Rock Blvd e – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 254-5800 – View Map
- Julie Montenegro – State Farm Insurance Agent
5683 York Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 892-2880 – View Map
- Kaz Achiwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E Azusa St, Ste B – Los Angeles, CA 90012 – (213) 253-1210 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Los Angeles should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t think you are locked into a policy for a certain time period.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Kia Stinger insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is located at the links below
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)