Locating low-cost insurance for a Nissan Altima in California could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
It’s smart to do price comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on Nissan Altima insurance in Los Angeles at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Companies offering affordable Nissan Altima price quotes in Los Angeles, CA
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance analysis for a Nissan Altima
The rate table displayed next covers a range of coverage prices for Nissan Altima models. Learning more about how insurance rates are formulated can help you make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can influence price quotes considerably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Altima auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
What Affects Nissan Altima Insurance Premiums?
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Tickets inflate premiums – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one ticket can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have license-revoking citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Nissan Altima auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse raises premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Expect high rates for teens – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
The type of car you drive affects your costs – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates are for small economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below is based on a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Nissan Altima insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Limits of liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Drive less and save – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Altima can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan Altima – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Nissan Altima insurance in Los Angeles
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain car insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Los Angeles car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger car insurance companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Altima auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The information is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, accident-free, professional/association, age of vehicle, ease of repair, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including business and professional, good student, homeowner, mature driver, early shopping, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, anti-theft, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Allstate discounts include eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, senior citizen, safe driver, 55 and retired, good payer, and premier plus.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, seat belt use, and federal employee.
Double check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in Los Angeles. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Los Angeles, click here.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Los Angeles should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What companies can they write with?
Different types of car insurance agents in Los Angeles
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Los Angeles agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: Ramon Pantoja
714 W Olympic Blvd #1007 – Los Angeles, CA 90015 – (213) 225-0655 – View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler – State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St – Los Angeles, CA 90038 – (323) 462-1096 – View Map
- Mirzakhanyan Insurance Agency Inc. – State Farm
7113 1/2 Sunset Boulevard – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 303-3728 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 – Los Angeles, CA 90024 – (310) 208-3548 – View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- STARC INSURANCE AGENCY,INC
5250 W Century Blvd #426 – Los Angeles, CA 90045 – (888) 400-4004 – View Map
Shop smart and save
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered many ways to reduce Nissan Altima insurance rates online in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
When getting Los Angeles car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)