Do you want a faster way to compare the cheapest Ford Expedition insurance in Los Angeles? Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in California.
We don't have to tell you that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably move their business because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Ford Expedition insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Locating the best insurance company for you in Los Angeles can be easy if you know a few tricks. But California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
These discounts can cut Ford Expedition insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance carriers give lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Telematics Data - Los Angeles drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current Expedition insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works. But any discount should definitely cut your car insurance premiums.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, multi-car, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, driver training, good student, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver's education, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Check with every company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not apply in your state.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including driver details, your education level, what you do for a living, and if you have an active license. That rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Ford Expedition insurance rate analysis
The information shown below showcases a range of coverage prices for Ford Expedition models. Learning a little about how prices are figured can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$278||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,170||$98|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$314||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,288||$107|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$314||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,288||$107|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$314||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,288||$107|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$348||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$348||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$348||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Los Angeles location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Lower Your Los Angeles Insurance Costs
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate prices.
What are your coverage deductibles? - Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Does your job cost you more? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs like military personnel, executives, and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
City traffic equals higher premiums - Residing in a rural area can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Rates increase with driving citations - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single citation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who have gotten severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Ford Expedition annual premium costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Women tend to cost less - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The illustration below compares Ford Expedition insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Performance affects costs - The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart assumes a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Ford Expedition insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Ford Expedition insurance loss statistics - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD||67||88||82||55||45||70|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD||70||98||90||54||62||56|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD||74||104||97||52|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD||88||96||110||63||60||96|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Los Angeles insurance agencies and car insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is still important in Los Angeles.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Los Angeles?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Once you have received good feedback to all your questions and affordable Ford Expedition insurance rates in Los Angeles quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an provider that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy at any time so don't assume that you're stuck with your new company for the entire policy term.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Expedition in Los Angeles, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Expedition, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We've covered many ideas to shop for Ford Expedition insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Ford Expedition rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious Ford Expedition insurance is available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Los Angeles car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents.
When getting Los Angeles car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)