Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Mazda 6 insurance in Los Angeles? Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can dry up your family’s budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Unfortunately, most car insurance buyers in California have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American insurance shoppers could save themselves 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest price car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate on Mazda 6 insurance in Los Angeles last year you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of wrong information about 6 insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Los Angeles.
The majority of larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting quotes for Mazda 6 insurance in Los Angeles is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get affordable prices.
If you want to compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- E-sign Discounts – A few companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, daytime running lights, air bags, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for DriveSense, multi-car, online shopper, paid-in-full, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
If you want affordable Mazda 6 insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in every state.
Data for Mazda 6 insurance
The rate table displayed below covers estimates of coverage prices for Mazda 6 models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are formulated is important for you to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can impact premium rates greatly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Mazda 6 insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Local Los Angeles insurance agencies and insurance
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Los Angeles that are able to give comparison quotes for Mazda 6 insurance in Los Angeles.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your 6 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your 6 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, attorney fees, emergency aid and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like EMT expenses, dental work, chiropractic care, hospital visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mazda 6.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Mazda 6 insurance prices in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Los Angeles is possible on the web and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)