Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Audi A8 in California can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Audi and locate the lowest price from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, follow these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Finding and buying the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in Los Angeles is quite easy. Comparison shoppers just have to know the fastest way to find the lowest price online.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on A8 insurance in Los Angeles.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below shows the difference between Audi A8 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have these benefits include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Los Angeles, follow this link.
The rate information below covers different insurance policy prices for Audi A8 models. Having a better understanding of how rates are determined can help guide drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$794||$442||$26||$132||$1,814||$151|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$456||$878||$442||$26||$132||$1,934||$161|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase insurance rates greatly.
Impact of careless driving on insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can affect Audi A8 yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Audi A8 liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi A8 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A8 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Los Angeles.
After filling out this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Where are claims handled?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you feel you receive positive responses for all questions you ask as well as inexpensive Audi A8 insurance in Los Angeles quotes, chances are good that you have found a company that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance. Just understand that you can cancel coverage at any point so never assume you are locked into a specific company for the full term.
The Audi A8 Insurance Rate Equation
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Men tend to take more risk – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi A8 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Expect high rates for teens – Older people are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base premiums – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are usually for economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Audi A8 car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Get better rates if married – Being married may cut your premiums on auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance loss statistics an Audi A8 – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi A8 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A8 4dr 4WD||289||108||261|
|Audi A8L 4dr 4WD||300||88||279||62|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A8 in Los Angeles, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Audi A8 and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your A8 more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Lower-priced car insurance in Los Angeles is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce Audi A8 insurance premium rates online in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)