Are you tired of overpaying and want more competitive Chevy Blazer insurance in Los Angeles? Are you at wits end from sacrificing other expenses to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
It's easy to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates regularly saved over $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Los Angeles is your objective, then having a grasp of how to shop for coverages can help make the process easier. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices before your next renewal because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rate on Chevy Blazer insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you're already insured or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Locating the best rates in Los Angeles is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers just need to learn the quickest way to compare different rates on the web.
Compare Los Angeles Chevy Blazer insurance price quotes online
Finding a lower price on Chevy Blazer insurance is actually easier than you may think. Just spend a little time to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Chevrolet Blazer insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to different Los Angeles agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional abilities only provided by licensed Los Angeles agents. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Los Angeles insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-line Discount - Some insurance companies give a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Blazer insurance in Los Angeles.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Sign Online - Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Los Angeles car insurance on your computer.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, defensive driver, bundle, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, good driver, annual mileage, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, membership and employees, seat belt use, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, accident-free, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is there a local claims center in Los Angeles?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Los Angeles are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference between them since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, it's recommended you get several quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Los Angeles independent agents that can give you price quotes.
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Six Things That Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- How old are your drivers? - Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Drive a fast vehicle and pay more - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Gender and insurance coverage premiums - Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males cause accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Never let your insurance expire - Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Where you call home plays a part - Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Do you really need to file that insurance claims? - If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California provide discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered many ideas to save on Chevy Blazer insurance in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Los Angeles car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)