Saving money on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Los Angeles might be hard for people who are beginners to online insurance quotes. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a real challenge to find the lowest price on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in California can save roughly 35% each year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You need to compare premium rates periodically because prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding cheaper auto insurance in Los Angeles is not as hard as you may think. Basically, every vehicle owner who needs cheaper auto insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. But California car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer car insurance in California. One of the best ways to find competitive Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparing car insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance statistics and information
The rate table shown below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Being aware of how insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,694||$141|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter premium rates considerably.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Los Angeles, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford Fusion Hybrid, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Ford and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in California overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Earn discounts on Los Angeles auto insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few auto insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Fusion Hybrid insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Esurance discounts include Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, renters, claim free, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, anti-theft, good student, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in California, follow this link.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Los Angeles.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When narrowing the list to find local Los Angeles agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Los Angeles that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 – Los Angeles, CA 90035 – (310) 402-0020 – View Map
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 – Los Angeles, CA 90024 – (310) 208-3548 – View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 – Los Angeles, CA 90018 – (310) 215-9991 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that can give you rate quotes.
- Allyson Weber – State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 258-5801 – View Map
- Grace Jun – State Farm Insurance Agent
2426 W 8th St #218 – Los Angeles, CA 90057 – (213) 388-4955 – View Map
- Young Pyo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Wilshire Blvd #567 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (213) 365-1600 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Los Angeles?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Los Angeles?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, dental work, funeral costs and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage to your Fusion Hybrid resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Fusion Hybrid in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Shop around and save
Budget-conscious Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Other learning opportunities
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much are Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)