Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who get price quotes annually are inclined to move their business because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Los Angeles is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Online insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate on Porsche Cayman insurance in Los Angeles last year the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Buying affordable auto insurance in Los Angeles is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, California consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Porsche Cayman insurance in California
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Porsche Cayman insurance statistics and information
The premium table displayed next covers estimates of insurance prices for Porsche Cayman models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are determined can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$384||$794||$442||$26||$132||$1,778||$148|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can modify coverage rates significantly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can change Porsche Cayman insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Too many car insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Companies in California provide discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Cayman may be costing you.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on car insurance – Having a good credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. People with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Porsche Cayman by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Better premiums on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Liability protection preserves assets – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Driving citations can be expensive – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one moving violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can influence Porsche Cayman insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Loss statistics for a Porsche Cayman – Insurance companies use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Porsche Cayman vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Cayman Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Cayman 2dr 183 40 99 36BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayman insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Los Angeles.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Auto insurance agents in Los Angeles come in two varieties
If you need to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent agencies that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes.
Ted Hope – State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90047 – (323) 752-4885 – View Map
Grace Jun – State Farm Insurance Agent
2426 W 8th St #218 – Los Angeles, CA 90057 – (213) 388-4955 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Los Angeles?
- If they are an independent agency in Los Angeles, which companies do they recommend?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How high should deductibles be on a Porsche Cayman?
Quote more and you will save more
A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Affordable Porsche Cayman insurance in Los Angeles is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just presented many tips how you can compare Porsche Cayman insurance rates in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High School Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)