Want to know how to find cheaper insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Kia Borrego insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Kia and find the lowest price from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
Get cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Los Angeles with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Los Angeles auto insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Distant Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, early bird, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Los Angeles, click here to view.
How to compare Los Angeles Kia Borrego insurance quotes
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Los Angeles.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Los Angeles agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles who may provide free rate quotes.
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 - Los Angeles, CA 90007 - (323) 735-1600 - View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (800) 966-6830 - View Map
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 857-5757 - View Map
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles willing to provide price quote information.
- Diane Sinner - State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 - Los Angeles, CA 90048 - (323) 651-4775 - View Map
- State Farm: Pogos Ichmelyan
750 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 257-1107 - View Map
- Gregory Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-2071 - View Map
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long has their agency been open in Los Angeles?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does their agency support local causes in Los Angeles?
If you receive positive responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Kia Borrego.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage - Collision insurance covers damage to your Borrego caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Borrego to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance - This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, repair bills for other people's vehicles, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Medical expense insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, surgery, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Compare but don't skimp
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on Kia Borrego insurance in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cost effective Kia Borrego insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
More information is available below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)