Want a free price quotes on more affordable Kia Niro insurance in Los Angeles? When searching for lower-priced insurance, are you frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance choices that you can choose from? You’re not alone. California drivers have such a large number of options that it can be a real challenge to find a more affordable company. Everyone knows Los Angeles is a good city to live in, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford enough coverage.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Los Angeles insurance shoppers could save as much as $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information like how much coverage you want, the ages of drivers, if a SR-22 is required, and if your license is active. Your rating data is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Niro in Los Angeles, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Kia Niro, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t overlook these Kia Niro insurance discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Some companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Los Angeles. If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount rates in Los Angeles, click here.
Should I contact a local insurance agent?
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Los Angeles that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Los Angeles should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Los Angeles?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
If you are searching for a local Los Angeles insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Los Angeles are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in Los Angeles willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Grace Jun – State Farm Insurance Agent
2426 W 8th St #218 – Los Angeles, CA 90057 – (213) 388-4955 – View Map
- Charles Garrett Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4929 Wilshire Blvd #745 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 692-0090 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmina San Jose
628 N Vermont Ave Ste 12 – Los Angeles, CA 90004 – (213) 383-5120 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you comparison quotes.
- Fuller Insurance
621 S Westmoreland Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90005 – (213) 384-2062 – View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 – Los Angeles, CA 90007 – (323) 735-1600 – View Map
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Kia Niro?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
One last thing to lower rates
Cost effective Kia Niro insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)