Being forced to pay for expensive auto insurance premiums can stress out your funds and put a big crunch on your finances. Getting a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make ends meet.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Los Angeles could cut their rates by almost 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just don't want to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rate on Kia Soul EV insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Los Angeles is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Consumers just have to learn the proper way to shop for insurance from multiple carriers.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Los Angeles is to know all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how old drivers are, whether you have decent credit, distance driven, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your information is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Don't neglect these ten discounts
Some providers do not advertise all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Discount - Seniors may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Los Angeles drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Los Angeles car insurance quote as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Kia could qualify for lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will help lower your overall premium however.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, newly retired, newly married, new move discount, teen driver discount, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Los Angeles?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can do a good job, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agencies in Los Angeles that can give you comparison quotes.
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What policy terms are available?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Soul EV resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Soul EV to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Soul EV.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, attorney fees, medical expenses, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for hospital visits, pain medications, chiropractic care, funeral costs and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don't give up on affordable rates
We covered many ideas to find cheap Kia Soul EV insurance in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)