Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced BMW Z4 insurance in Los Angeles? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Los Angeles is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to quote and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient. Having so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a BMW Z4 in Los Angeles, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on BMW Z4 insurance in Los Angeles last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for BMW Z4 insurance in Los Angeles is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if it has an alarm system, how old drivers are, how your vehicles are used, and your occupation. The data is instantly provided to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To compare rates for your BMW Z4 now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your BMW vehicle
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your BMW Z4, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your BMW at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your BMW Z4 and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The information below outlines estimates of policy rates for BMW Z4 models. Learning as much as possible about how prices are formulated is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Z4 3.0I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$348||$630||$376||$22||$112||$1,488||$124|
|Z4 3.5I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$348||$630||$376||$22||$112||$1,488||$124|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter prices substantially.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The illustration below compares BMW Z4 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of BMW Z4 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your BMW Z4 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Affordable Los Angeles car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current Z4 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance with certain companies.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below compares BMW Z4 auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Los Angeles, click this link.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
How much insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my BMW Z4?
- Who is covered when they drive my BMW Z4?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare BMW Z4 insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a small local company.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)