Would you like to buy lower-priced auto insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Chevy and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how car insurance works and also pocket some savings Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to quote multiple rates instantly.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help save money on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Los Angeles
Some providers don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Some companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Los Angeles. To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Los Angeles, click this link.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress employer? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners, and stock brokers tend to have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Tickets can be expensive – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to keep their license.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- How old are your drivers? – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Chevy Captiva Sport earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Captiva Sport – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Los Angeles car insurance agent
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Los Angeles.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a local Los Angeles insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you should always include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 933-9888 – View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 – Los Angeles, CA 90018 – (310) 215-9991 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Warren Bell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1111 S Grand Ave #102 – Los Angeles, CA 90015 – (213) 741-6000 – View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler – State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St – Los Angeles, CA 90038 – (323) 462-1096 – View Map
- Odette Manalastas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4448 Eagle Rock Blvd e – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 254-5800 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Los Angeles car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found on the following sites:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)