Locating lower-cost Los Angeles Chevy Trax insurance quotes can appear to be rather difficult for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices on the web. With such a large number of agents and insurers to choose from, how are we expected to be able to compare every company in order to find better prices?
We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Los Angeles is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Best companies for Chevy Trax insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Los Angeles car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Distant Student - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Trax insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online.
- Save over 55 - Seniors are able to get reduced rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, anti-theft, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, IntelliDrive, home ownership, multi-car, save driver, and new car.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, family plan, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, good student, business and professional, multi-car, bundle discounts, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, claim free, good driver, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, good driver, multi-car, professional/association, and ease of repair.
Before buying, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Los Angeles. To choose insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in California, click here.
Components of Your Chevy Trax Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Good credit saves on car insurance - Credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Trax by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Car features that cut premiums - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Marriage equates to better rates - Being married can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Trax Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Los Angeles?
Below is a list of insurance companies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes for Chevy Trax insurance in Los Angeles.
- Young Pyo - State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Wilshire Blvd #567 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-1600 - View Map
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 857-5757 - View Map
- Laura Mora - State Farm Insurance Agent
5858 N Figueroa St a - Los Angeles, CA 90042 - (323) 478-9346 - View Map
- Odette Manalastas - State Farm Insurance Agent
4448 Eagle Rock Blvd e - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 254-5800 - View Map
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for Chevy Trax insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When searching for affordable Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cost effective Chevy Trax insurance is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Los Angeles auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High School Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)