Are you searching for cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance in Los Angeles? Searching for better insurance prices for a Chevy Uplander in California can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for your Chevy and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could pocket nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You need to compare rates at least once a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Chevy Uplander insurance in Los Angeles two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the best ways to get good coverage on Chevy Uplander insurance in Los Angeles at a lower rate.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Los Angeles seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you're already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to save money while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers just have to learn the proper way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Affordable car insurance in Los Angeles, CA
The following companies can provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Los Angeles drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Grades Discount - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, homeowner, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include paid in full, safe driver, mature driver, student away at school, paperless, group or association, and good student.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- USAA may have discounts that include military installation, safe driver, loyalty savings, driver training, and annual mileage.
When getting free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Los Angeles. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, follow this link.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Los Angeles that give free quotes for your coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Los Angeles?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's important to know how they are different because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Avo Donoyan
1727 N Vermont Ave Ste 207 - Los Angeles, CA 90027 - (323) 663-8541 - View Map
- Stephan Buckley - State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 - Los Angeles, CA 90008 - (323) 298-9022 - View Map
- Patricia Aleman - State Farm Insurance Agent
3222 Glendale Blvd b - Los Angeles, CA 90039 - (323) 644-0900 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, it's recommended you check rates from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 234-8600 - View Map
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 - Los Angeles, CA 90024 - (310) 208-3548 - View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90019 - (323) 933-9888 - View Map
Shop around and save
While you're price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Cheaper auto insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)