Would you like to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Dodge Journey insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Dodge and obtain the best price possible either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
It's a great practice to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because car insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Dodge Journey insurance in Los Angeles at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to show you the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Discount Los Angeles insurance quotes
Some providers do not list every discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track driving patterns by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Professional Memberships - Joining a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Journey premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see companies with the best Dodge Journey insurance discounts in Los Angeles in California, follow this link.
The quickest method to compare rates for Dodge Journey insurance in Los Angeles is to know most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as distance driven, your job, the make and model of your vehicles, and whether you have decent credit. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Dodge Journey now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Los Angeles.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Dodge Journey models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance prices are formulated is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Journey SXT AWD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Journey R/T AWD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location information which can change premium rates considerably.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Performance impacts insurance prices - The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The chart below is based on a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Dodge Journey rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
- Rates can be impacted by your vocation - Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers generally have higher average rates attributed to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like professors, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Discounts for married drivers - Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Pay more by driving carelessly - Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Dodge Journey insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Rural vs Urban Areas - Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- High policy claims frequency drives up prices - Auto insurance companies in California award better rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Safer cars lower rates - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Dodge Journey historical loss data - Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Journey vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Dodge Journey Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD 80 92 80 148 163 131 Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD 96 116 71 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Dodge Journey?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Los Angeles.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to drive around because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Los Angeles that may be willing to give rate quotes for Dodge Journey insurance in Los Angeles.
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 280-0946 - View Map
- Kaz Achiwa - State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E Azusa St, Ste B - Los Angeles, CA 90012 - (213) 253-1210 - View Map
- Oleg Avanesov - State Farm Insurance Agent
12245 California Route 2 - Los Angeles, CA 90025 - (310) 826-8700 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (310) 348-9936 - View Map
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Choosing the best Journey insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Journey insurance, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
You can lower your insurance rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Dodge Journey insurance in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Los Angeles car insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Los Angeles car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Lower-priced insurance in Los Angeles is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)