Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Dodge Ram 3500 in California can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a Dodge and find the lowest price from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
The table below covers estimates of insurance prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Being able to understand how insurance quotes are determined can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$384||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$384||$630||$662||$40||$198||$1,914||$160|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$384||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$384||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$384||$712||$662||$40||$198||$1,996||$166|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$384||$712||$662||$40||$198||$1,996||$166|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$384||$712||$662||$40||$198||$1,996||$166|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$384||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$384||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$384||$712||$662||$40||$198||$1,996||$166|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Dodge Ram 3500 auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 3500 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram 3500 in Los Angeles, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Ram 3500, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Dodge Ram 3500 but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
How You Can Control Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Limits of liability coverage – The liability section of your policy kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Getting married is a bonus – Getting married may save some money on your car insurance bill. It usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in California provide discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Affordable rates on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Los Angeles with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow companies to study driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Ram 3500 insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Ram 3500 can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Ram 3500 insurance in Los Angeles.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, annual mileage, multi-car, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, pay in full, distant student, youthful driver, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
Check with every company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in Los Angeles. To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Los Angeles, click here.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but work with a local Los Angeles insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Los Angeles.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Los Angeles who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Los Angeles should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does their agency support local causes in Los Angeles?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you get satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to terminate coverage at any time so don’t think that you are obligated to any particular company for the full term.
We covered many ideas to lower your Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Dodge Ram 3500 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)