Do you need a better way to compare more affordable insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Hyundai Tucson insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a Hyundai and get the lowest price either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Los Angeles is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these methods. Comparison shoppers just have to use the best way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
Affordable rates on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Los Angeles with these car insurance discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 shop Los Angeles car insurance on your computer.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Los Angeles car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Tucson insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts should help lower your overall bill.
The chart below shows the difference between Hyundai Tucson auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
If you are trying to find low cost Los Angeles car insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The price information shown below highlights a range of prices for Hyundai Tucson models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are established can help customers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Los Angeles which can modify coverage prices considerably.
Hyundai Tucson insurance costs by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Tucson premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Premiums are lower the older you get - Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Your car's features help determine premiums - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Liability protection preserves assets - Liability insurance is the protection when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Incidental coverages that may not be needed - There are many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles - Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Tucson Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD 80 96 66 108 110 101 Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD 82 102 70 109 109 109BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Hyundai Tucson?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies can help
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long has their agency been open in Los Angeles?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
When searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Los Angeles are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Charles Garrett Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
4929 Wilshire Blvd #745 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (323) 692-0090 - View Map
- Diane Sinner - State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 - Los Angeles, CA 90048 - (323) 651-4775 - View Map
- Daniel Williams - State Farm Insurance Agent
7944 W 3rd St - Los Angeles, CA 90048 - (323) 852-6868 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give price quotes.
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 - Los Angeles, CA 90035 - (310) 402-0020 - View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 234-8600 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (310) 348-9936 - View Map
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Tucson insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Low-cost Hyundai Tucson insurance in Los Angeles can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for the cheapest Hyundai Tucson rate quotes, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High School Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)