Would you like an easy way to compare lower-priced insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and locate the lowest price either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
You need to do rate comparisons as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Los Angeles a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Optima Hybrid insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some great ways to buy insurance cheaper in Los Angeles.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. This information will help you learn how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop instantly.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rates in California
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Los Angeles
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Los Angeles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, homeowners, good student, early bird, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Compare prices but still have a local Los Angeles insurance agency
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Los Angeles who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a company should include more criteria than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
When looking for local Los Angeles agents, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes.
- Helen Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
2535 W Olympic Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90006 – (213) 738-0700 – View Map
- Glenda Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 293-9990 – View Map
- Diane Sinner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 – Los Angeles, CA 90048 – (323) 651-4775 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Fuller Insurance
621 S Westmoreland Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90005 – (213) 384-2062 – View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 280-0946 – View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from getting keyed. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, funeral costs, doctor visits and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your Optima Hybrid to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Kia Optima Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
You can find affordable coverage
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Kia Optima Hybrid insurance prices in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Los Angeles is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)