Looking for more competitive auto insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Mercury Montego insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Mercury and find the lowest price.
It’s important to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices change quite often. Just because you had the best price on Mercury Montego insurance in Los Angeles a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Los Angeles car insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Los Angeles can help you save on car insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Mercury can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Los Angeles auto insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Montego insurance in Los Angeles.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
To see insurers offering car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Los Angeles.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Los Angeles that can provide free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Los Angeles who may provide free price quotes.
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 933-9888 – View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 – Los Angeles, CA 90018 – (310) 215-9991 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand rather than low price.
The following are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Julie Montenegro – State Farm Insurance Agent
5683 York Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 892-2880 – View Map
- Young Pyo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Wilshire Blvd #567 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (213) 365-1600 – View Map
- Derek Ennis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3717 S La Brea Ave #202 – Los Angeles, CA 90016 – (323) 294-9400 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Los Angeles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you get good answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- If my Mercury Montego is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
What Affects Mercury Montego Insurance Costs?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Gender and insurance coverage rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males have fender benders in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Married drivers get better costs – Being married may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Best reasons to buy insurance in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercury Montego in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercury at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Los Angeles is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
One last note
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on Mercury Montego insurance in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Lower-priced car insurance in Los Angeles is definitely available online in addition to many Los Angeles insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for low cost Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)