Finding low cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Los Angeles can seem to be a challenge for drivers new to online price comparisons. You have so many choices that it can easily be a difficult challenge to compare coverage rates on Pontiac GTO insurance.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on Pontiac GTO insurance is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons yearly because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rate on Pontiac GTO insurance in Los Angeles at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using the tips covered below. The purpose of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages. Although California car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Los Angeles insurance discounts for a Pontiac GTO
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, homeowner, and safe driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Los Angeles. To see a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here.
How to find low cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Los Angeles, CA
Many insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. The process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Los Angeles simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable premium.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Best auto insurance agent in Los Angeles
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Los Angeles are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give price quote information.
- Sean Cheng State Farm Insurance Agency
767 N Hill St,109 – Los Angeles, CA 90012 – (213) 621-2526 – View Map
- Daniel Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
7944 W 3rd St – Los Angeles, CA 90048 – (323) 852-6868 – View Map
- Stephan Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 298-9022 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
- Susman Insurance Agency
11611 San Vicente Blvd #515 – Los Angeles, CA 90049 – (310) 820-5200 – View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 – Los Angeles, CA 90007 – (323) 735-1600 – View Map
Cover all your bases
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Pontiac GTO insurance prices in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)