How many times have you put off comparing quotes for low-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Los Angeles? Getting lower-cost Los Angeles Mazda 2 insurance quotes might appear impossible for consumers new to quoting and comparing and buying car insurance on the web. Since there are so many companies, how can Los Angeles drivers have a chance to compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. California drivers could save an average of as much as $469 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Los Angeles is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have a policy now, you will be able to get lower rates using these techniques. But California drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because it varies considerably.
Best companies for Mazda 2 insurance
The companies shown below offer quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save with these rate reducing discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on 2 insurance in Los Angeles.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance coverage on a new 2 is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, and driver's education.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, online quote, DriveSense, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, safety features, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include company car, paid in full, safe driver, group or association, safe vehicle, and mature driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in California, follow this link.
Four Tips to Get Cheap Los Angeles Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors that factor into premiums.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Being married can actually save you money compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Driving citations increase rates - Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have careless tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Eliminate add-on coverages - There are a ton of extra coverages that can add up on your 2 policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - Teenage drivers in California are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing a policy, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Los Angeles?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Los Angeles?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What companies can they write with?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Grace Jun - State Farm Insurance Agent
2426 W 8th St #218 - Los Angeles, CA 90057 - (213) 388-4955 - View Map
- Leisha Willis - State Farm Insurance Agent
500 N Larchmont Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (323) 785-4080 - View Map
- Allyson Weber - State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 258-5801 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that are able to give price quotes.
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 - Los Angeles, CA 90007 - (323) 735-1600 - View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 - Los Angeles, CA 90018 - (310) 215-9991 - View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (323) 934-8160 - View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to find lower-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Los Angeles car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Los Angeles car insurance, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)