Finding cheaper Mazda CX-7 insurance in Los Angeles may be kind of frustrating for beginners to quoting coverage rates online. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, it can quickly become a lot of work to find the perfect company for you.
It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop rates annually are very likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved about $865 annually compared to those who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Los Angeles is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Los Angeles Insurance Prices
Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The more you drive your Mazda in a year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your CX-7 is just wasting money.
- Being married brings a discount - Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance bill. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Cautious drivers pay less - Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. People who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can raise Mazda CX-7 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Don't cancel your insurance without a new one in place - Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rates and data analysis
The price information displayed below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are established is important for making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Los Angeles location which can influence premium rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Mazda CX-7 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-7 annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Mazda CX-7 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Choosing Mazda CX-7 insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Mazda CX-7 with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your Mazda CX-7. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies don't always publicize every discount very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new CX-7 is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow companies to study driving manner remotely like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance depending on your company.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total CX-7 insurance premium.
- Paperless Signup - Many companies will give a small break for completing your application on the web.
- Student in College - Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The information below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
For a list of companies with the best discounts in California, click here to view.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Los Angeles auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Los Angeles that can give you free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
- Ted Hope - State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90047 - (323) 752-4885 - View Map
- Sean Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 - Los Angeles, CA 90006 - (213) 480-3377 - View Map
- Paul Major - State Farm Insurance Agent
12030 Washington Blvd Ste A - Los Angeles, CA 90066 - (310) 482-3990 - View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 857-5757 - View Map
- Solid Health Insurance Agency
11639 Chenault St - Los Angeles, CA 90049 - (310) 909-6135 - View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 - Los Angeles, CA 90018 - (310) 215-9991 - View Map
If you get good answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable auto insurance rates are available
You just learned many ways to find lower-cost Mazda CX-7 insurance in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Los Angeles auto insurance, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)