Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Los Angeles? Locating discount Los Angeles Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes online may seem to be rather challenging for people new to online price comparisons. With more and more insurers available, how can Los Angeles drivers efficiently compare all the different companies and get better prices?
It's safe to assume that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $865 annually compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Los Angeles is the reason you're here, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Locating the best rates in Los Angeles is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Essentially every car owner who buys auto insurance will probably find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, California drivers must learn how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The following companies offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance data for a Dodge Ram 2500
The coverage table shown below covers different coverage prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Understanding more about how rates are established can help customers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$314||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$314||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,624||$135|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$348||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$348||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$348||$712||$500||$30||$150||$1,740||$145|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$348||$712||$500||$30||$150||$1,740||$145|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,574||$131|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$384||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$384||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$384||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$384||$630||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Los Angeles location which can affect premium rates greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram 2500 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Score discounts on Los Angeles car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Ram 2500 insurance premium.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To see insurers who offer free Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes in Los Angeles, follow this link.
Buying the right Dodge vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Los Angeles, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
When to get professional advice
When buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Ram 2500?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won't need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
The different types of car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Los Angeles exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Kirk Farrel - State Farm Insurance Agent
7288 Sunset Blvd #205 - Los Angeles, CA 90046 - (323) 876-6653 - View Map
- Sean Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 - Los Angeles, CA 90006 - (213) 480-3377 - View Map
- Allyson Weber - State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 258-5801 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to smaller companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
- Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 234-8600 - View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (800) 966-6830 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (310) 348-9936 - View Map