Want to learn how to buy low-cost auto insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have many options when shopping for affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Suzuki and obtain the cheapest rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track driving habits by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance with certain companies.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, new graduate, new move discount, safety features, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and anti-theft.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Suzuki Aerio rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Los Angeles insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David Bang
1145 S Western Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90006 – (323) 733-6680 – View Map
- Lisa Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
1247 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 954-9763 – View Map
- Diane Sinner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 – Los Angeles, CA 90048 – (323) 651-4775 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Los Angeles willing to provide rate quotes.
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 280-0946 – View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 – Los Angeles, CA 90018 – (310) 215-9991 – View Map
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Suzuki Aerio in Los Angeles, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Aerio with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Suzuki for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Suzuki and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Suzuki as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverage options for a Suzuki Aerio
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Suzuki Aerio.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Aerio caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Aerio to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as prosthetic devices, dental work and EMT expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be persistent and save
Cheaper insurance in Los Angeles is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)