Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Volkswagen Eos insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we'll show you the proper way to compare rates for your Volkswagen and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
It's a good habit to compare rates before your next renewal because car insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best deal on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Los Angeles a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to lower your Volkswagen Eos insurance cost in Los Angeles
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Los Angeles
Some insurers do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, family plan, and easy pay.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, homeowners, student driver, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and driver training.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Insurance statistics and figures
The information displayed next showcases different coverage costs for Volkswagen Eos models. Having a better idea how premiums are calculated can help customers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Volkswagen Eos full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Eos replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Never go without auto insurance - Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Better auto insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Teenage drivers pay higher premiums - Young drivers in California are proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Don't skimp on liability coverage - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in when you are found liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper - The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Be proud to be claim-free - Car insurance companies in California provide lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Volkswagen Eos claim probability - Companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Eos vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Eos Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Eos Convertible 88 77 78 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Los Angeles.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Los Angeles
When searching for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Los Angeles can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you will want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 451-4943 - View Map
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90068 - (323) 876-1980 - View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (800) 966-6830 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Los Angeles exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sean Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 - Los Angeles, CA 90006 - (213) 480-3377 - View Map
- Glenda Greene - State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90008 - (323) 293-9990 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmina San Jose
628 N Vermont Ave Ste 12 - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (213) 383-5120 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Los Angeles should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Los Angeles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Los Angeles?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Car insurance can be complex
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volkswagen Eos?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Cheaper coverage is out there
We covered a lot of tips how to find cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced Volkswagen Eos insurance in Los Angeles is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)