Do you want to learn to get cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Los Angeles? Paying for high-priced Volkswagen Golf insurance in Los Angeles can diminish your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Price shopping at each renewal is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most auto insurance buyers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in California can cut their rates by as much as $500 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they switched.
You have multiple insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Los Angeles.
Companies offering Volkswagen Golf insurance in California
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Volkswagen Golf coverage statistics
The coverage information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Volkswagen Golf models. Understanding how insurance quotes are formulated can be valuable when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$314||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,544||$129|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in Los Angeles location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Gender-based insurance rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen Golf liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Golf claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Golf insurance in Los Angeles.
- Club Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Los Angeles can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, emergency military deployment, federal employee, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, good student, driver training, theft prevention, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, good student, good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
When getting free Los Angeles car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Los Angeles. To view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Los Angeles Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Credit score impact insurance prices – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen Golf by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores.
Older drivers are lower risk – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Volkswagen scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Car features that lower premiums – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Does your occupation raise your premiums? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, social workers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher average rates due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other professions such as professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Driving citations can be expensive – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Having just one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders influence Volkswagen Golf yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Having a spouse is a good thing – Getting married actually saves money when buying insurance. It is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Volkswagen Golf insurance claim data – Insurers use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Los Angeles car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are Los Angeles insurers that are able to give price quotes for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Los Angeles.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Los Angeles will have answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Los Angeles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cost effective Volkswagen Golf insurance is available both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)