Do you want to stop overpaying and find low-cost Volvo C70 insurance in Los Angeles? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Los Angeles drivers feel the same as you.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Drivers in California can cut their rates by roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. With consumers having so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Volvo C70 in Los Angeles, it is very difficult to locate the cheapest company.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Some providers do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total C70 insurance premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Los Angeles auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below compares Volvo C70 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Volvo C70 models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are calculated is important for making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$546||$292||$18||$88||$1,258||$105|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence coverage rates greatly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Volvo C70 insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C70 auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C70 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Smart Buyers Save More
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Prices go up with performance – The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart assumes a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Volvo C70 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
Cheaper to insure females? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both genders cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volvo C70 premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Volvo C70 car insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Amount of liability insurance – Liability insurance will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo C70 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Los Angeles.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Los Angeles
When finding a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that can give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long has the business existed?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you quote Los Angeles auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced insurance in Los Angeles can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, so you need to quote Los Angeles auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)