Would you prefer to buy more competitive Volvo S40 insurance in Los Angeles? Nobody that owns a car likes having to buy insurance, especially when they know the cost is way too high.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $865 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Volvo S40 insurance is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to adequately compare rates for Volvo S40 insurance in Los Angeles.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Volvo S40 insurance in Los Angeles utilizes the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like whether you drive to work or school, the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you are married, and if you have a valid license. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Los Angeles.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Volvo S40 coverage statistics
The data table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Volvo S40 models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Volvo S40 insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can increase Volvo S40 insurance prices for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo S40 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S40 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo S40 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Don’t overlook these Volvo S40 insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring several vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo may enable drivers to earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, save driver, payment discounts, early quote, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, teen driver, student driver, air bags, early bird, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, multi-vehicle, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, homeowner, and drive less.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Los Angeles. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Los Angeles, click this link.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo S40 in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Comparing prices from local Los Angeles auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Los Angeles for you
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agents in Los Angeles are considered either independent or exclusive. Both handle insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
Ted Hope – State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90047 – (323) 752-4885 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.