Using the web to shop for Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online might sound like a lofty goal if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used quote comparisons online. But don’t just give up because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of California drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save nearly $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year since prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Best companies for Subaru Crosstrek insurance
The providers in the list below offer quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Los Angeles.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include good student, homeowners, student driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, safety features, new move discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. For a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Los Angeles, follow this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
These agents can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below are Los Angeles exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rodney Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
7154 Melrose Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 931-1466 – View Map
- Karla Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
611 Wilshire Blvd #911 – Los Angeles, CA 90017 – (213) 239-9675 – View Map
- Gregory Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (213) 365-2071 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
The following are Los Angeles independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 – Los Angeles, CA 90035 – (310) 402-0020 – View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
3101 Silver Lake Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90039 – (323) 667-9180 – View Map
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Los Angeles can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Los Angeles Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)